22 Jan Rotorua Creative Communities Scheme – Drop-in Support Session
The Creative Communities Scheme (CCS) provides funding to local arts projects so that all New Zealanders can be involved in, support or attend a wide range of events including dance, literature, Māori arts, crafts, film, music, Pacific arts, theatre and visual arts.
Over $52,000 is available to support Rotorua arts initiatives in the current funding round which closes on 6 March 2021.
If you would like some more information about the scheme and how to apply please come along to this free Drop-in Support Session at Rotorua Library on Tuesday 16 February 2021, from 12pm – 2pm.
Hosted in the Community Meeting room, Rotorua Creative Communities Scheme administrator, Julie Parsons will be available to talk about the following topics:
- Who may apply and the kind of projects that can/cannot be funded
- What kind of costs can/cannot be funded
- How to apply for funding and how to complete a successful application
- How to complete a budget for your application form
- What the local priorities for funding are
- Who makes decisions about who receives a grant and how much they will receive
- Who is on the assessment committee
- What if I am a relative, or friend of someone on the assessment committee
- When will the announcement be made about who has received funding
- When will the funds be available and when do the funds need to be used
- What happens if I don’t spend all the grant
- What happens if the funded project changes
- What records do I need to keep and how do I report on my project if I’ve received a grant
Applications must be for arts projects which have not yet started (must start after the 1 April 2021) and which will be completed within 12 months of receiving funding. Mrs Parsons advises applicants to apply early in the planning phase as later applications may see some expenditure ineligible. Previous applicants are welcome to apply, but will only be considered if their end-of-project accountability reports have been received.
Applications can be completed online or downloaded from www.rotorualakescouncil.nz/creativecommunities
Completed applications should be emailed to Julie.email@example.com by 6 March 2021, or posted to Julie Parsons at Rotorua Lakes Council, Private Bag 3029, Rotorua, 3046.