11 Aug Rotorua Schools – Call For Designs
CALLING ALL PRIMARY AND INTERMEDIATE TEACHERS IN ROTORUA
We want to add colour and vibrancy to our local fleet of rubbish and recycling trucks and we want your class to design them!
Designs should reflect an environmental care and sustainability message – with special reference to Rotorua’s unique lakes, geothermal and/or cultural environment.
Schools can contact Council’s waste services team for more information on themes and to organise a visit or video call. Email Prashant Prashant.Praveen@rotorualc.nz
Download the Recycling Trucks – A3 design template and entry form or the Recycling Trucks – A4 design template and entry form or you can request a larger size template to be dropped off (A1/A2).
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
• All works must be original and created by students, as individuals or as a class collaboration
• Colourful and vibrant submissions in any medium (paint, felts, coloured pencil, digital etc)
• All works must be original and created by students
• Add a caption (1-2 sentences) with designs to explain the visual message
• Anti-litter (awareness on litter issues as most of the littered materials end up in lakes or waterways.)
• Plastic waste minimisation (discouraging plastic use or promoting the use of recyclable plastic to tackle waste and climate change problems)
• Good recycling practices (awareness on good recycling practices, including what should and should not go into recycling bins)
• Waste and climate change (importance of waste minimisation in the fight against climate change and how to minimise waste)
Learn about sustainability
Fun creative class project
Winners get Warehouse Stationary vouchers for class
Winning designs on trucks
Winning designs on billboards for your school
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
This represents a unique opportunity to have environmental care messages delivered by the community, for the community, in a colourful and endearing way. These will be enjoyed by all of us, on a daily basis, for years to come.
This is to acknowledge and celebrate not only our environmental message, but also our young and creative talent.
The left hand side (kerb side) of each of the 10 trucks will be wrapped in high-performance printed vinyl – depicting original artworks designed by our local tamariki.
The final winning designs will be chosen by a community-based selection panel.
Selected artworks will be prepared for print by a professional graphic designer, and then applied
to each of the trucks.
WHAT DO THE WINNING DESIGNS RECEIVE?
As well as having their amazing design on our recycling truck fleet the winning designs will get:
• The design will also be printed on ACM panels (2.4m x 1.2m) and presented back to the school as a mural to install on their own school grounds
• $300 Warehouse Stationary vouchers for the winning classes
• Promotion around the winners and schools will include media releases, social media stories and more.
Friday 5 November 2021, 5pm: Entry submissions need to be received
9-11 November 2021: Judging will take place
Monday 15 November 2021: Winning designs announced
1-3 December 2021: Winning design billboards and vouchers delivered to schools by a recycling truck*
*Unfortunately, it will take a bit longer to get the trucks printed with the new designs. We would
expect to have them completed early in 2022
*Dates may need to change depending on alert levels
ANY OTHER QUERIES
Please get in touch with Marc: email@example.com or phone 07 351 8154
HOW TO ENTER
A4/A3 sized entries: Scan (High resolution PDF or JPEG format) each finalist image and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Large scale entries: Email email@example.com when they are ready for collection
ALL ENTRIES NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY 5PM, FRIDAY 5 NOVEMBER 2021