24 Apr Do you want help promoting your 2018 Matariki event?
Are you organising a free event in your community to celebrate Matariki 2018?
Rotorua Lakes Council wants to make this year’s Matariki celebrations in Rotorua the best so far and if you are organising a free community event to mark the occasion, we would love to help promote it, alongside the other events taking place in the district.
Matariki is the Māori name for the star cluster known as Pleiades, and when Matariki reappears in our dawn skies, around June or July each year, it heralds the start of Te Tau Hou Māori – the Māori New Year. Matariki is a time to gather with family and friends to reflect on the past, celebrate the present, and plan for the future.
There are already some fantastic events planned around the rohe (region) including Matariki talks, children’s events, musical concerts, kai competitions and much more. If your event is free, celebrates some aspect of Matariki and falls during the period 7 June – 31 July 2018, Rotorua Lakes Council would like to support you through a range of marketing material being produced to publicise everything that’s happening around Rotorua for Matariki.
The promotion will be at no cost to event organisers and will include:
- Listing in the combined quarterly events/Matariki calendar (approx. 25,000 copies printed and distributed as well as available online)
- Combined social media activity
- Combined radio, print and digital advertising
- Promotion at the Night Market (dates tbc)
To be included you will need to send details about your event including:
- The name of your free event
- Where and when it will be held
- 18 words describing your event
- Contact details for your event (phone, email, website)
- The names and/or logos for any sponsors or organisations that need to be recognised
- An electronic image for your event if you have one (at least 1MB)
For further information about this opportunity and to submit your details, please visit the Rotorua Lakes Council website www.rotorualakescouncil.nz/matariki2018
Alternatively, contact Kathy Nicholls on 07 351 8456 or email your event details to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for event submissions is 5pm Friday 4 May 2018.